1.02.2007

Welcome to the 07, bitch

Good evening, 2007. Lovely to see you. Hopefully you'll be as good to me as your friend 2006 was.

So, going forward, here's a look at the best and worst of 2006, at least as far as I can think right now.

WOOT!
Things that made me happy

  • Estee Lauder High Gloss lip gloss and Prescriptives custom color lip glosses.
  • Two seasons of Project Runway
  • PODCASTS!
  • The Chia Pet on the dashboard of my Mac
  • Finally buying, returning, buying a different pair, wearing and loving skinny jeans
  • The Office
  • Finally seeing Ted Leo live.


BooHiss
Things that disappointed or underwhelmed

  • Stila illuminating foundation -- too sparkly!
  • Two seasons of Project Runway and two annoying winners
  • Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy
  • That mojitos got trendyish (maybe I just think that because I live in south Florida now).


WTF?
Things that surprised me

  • I only bought two pairs of shoes (and sundry flip-flops, but those don't count) all year.
  • I can actually live without cable, as long as I get E!, VH1, Comedy Central and the Food Network. And I have someone TiVo Project Runway for me.
  • Skinny jeans!
  • Meredith Viera on the Today Show? Not a bad way to ease into the morning.

No comments: