10.11.2006

So tight you can see my metaphorical balls

So...

...I finally bought a pair of skinny jeans. I've been trying to find the perfect pair and actually have the balls (and cash!) to buy them. The $150 AGs? Looked great, but I couldn't justify that kind of money on a trend I was still unsure about. So yesterday, I hit Old Navy with a buddy whose opinion is unfailingly honest ("That's kind of a random outfit...") and approved them.

As for the flattery issue, they aren't all that different from a regular pair of tight bootcut jeans, but it'll take some getting used to showing off my calves to the world. They looked pretty rockin' tucked into my favorite riding boots, which also adds some volume and weight to the bottom of the leg, balancing the way the jeans can accentuate the booty.

I don't know when I'm going to be able to wear them, since boots under jeans could get a wee bit warm in south Florida's 88-degree heat. I do think they'll work really well with my rubber rain boots if we get another hurricane down here, although I hope that doesn't happen.

I'll post an update when I get the balls to actually wear them.

No comments: