9.27.2006

FW 06

One of the lip glosses I smuggled through security? A recently blended custom color lip gloss from the Atlanta Prescritives counter in Atlanta.

After a fruitless quest to find the perfect berry lip color -- have you heard? it's big for fall -- I decided to make my own.

There are several base colors to choose from -- berry, red, pink, brown -- with extenders and finishes to change the color around. Add shimmer, glitter, metallic or pearl finishes, make colors darker or lighter or sheer.

My shade is a perfectly sheer berry with a red tinge and just the teeniest bit of gold shimmer. And the best part? There are tons of flavors, so you're not stuck with a great color and nasty flavor or a flavor that doesn't match the color. Mine tastes like coffee, which makes me very happy.

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, I'm not sharing the formula. Go make your own!)

No comments: