9.15.2006

Joesphine Baker's eigth grade dance

For a recap, go to www.televisionwithoutpity.com.

For reviews, read on.

Ranked, from worst-to-best, for your reading and judging convenience.

  • Jeffrey: Was this the challenge where they're supposed to design something for Wet Seal? As Michael Kors would say (did say?), the taste level just wasn't there.

  • Vincent: A joke. But he's crazy and needs to get back on his meds.

  • Angela: Quite possibly my favorite outfit of hers, except maybe the Audrey Hepburn dress. But, since it's Angela, that's not saying much.

  • Uli: OK, I liked the dress, but it was an Uli dress. Zac Posen loved it, as guest judges always do, because it's the first time they've seen the genius of Uli. But the other judges were naturally nonplussed, as was I.

  • Kayne: Beautiful front, weird back. Perhaps not exactly following the parameters of the challenge, but it was definitely better than Jeffrey's. I thought it showed his range and it also showed that he's listened to the judges and Tim Gunn. Without the weird lacing on the back, it's something I would definitely wear.

  • Laura: I liked Michael's much better, but I'm glad Laura got to win. Her design showed range without abandoning her distinctive point of view. However, I got a distinct mid-90s vibe from her dress. it reminded me of something Rachel Green or Cher Horowitz would have worn.

  • Michael: I love this man. He has wonderful designs and seems to think about his designs without overintellectualizing them. He's classy and polite but not a stick in the mud. I loved this dress. It was simple, but beautiful. He understood the challenge, designed something that looked amazing on Nazri and styled it beautifully.



My predictions for the final three? Michael's the only shoe-in. I think Uli could pull an Austin Scarlett and put another Uli dress on the runway, which would almost guarantee her elimination. Jeffrey is in a similar situation, only he lacks Uli's taste level. Laura could design something boring or she could just not do as well as the other three and go home. But I think this competition is Michael Knight's to lose.

Although, because Fashion Week is going on right now, Laura, Jeffrey, Uli and Michael will all show at Bryant Park, so Project Runway addicts like myself won't be able to tell the final three by those who show. It's happened the last two seasons, too.

No comments: